Thursday, November 19, 2009
Meet Our Honoree Team Member
Kate Davis was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia at the age of 3. After enduring over two years of treatment at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Kate is now in remission and today she enjoys all the things a typical 7-year-old likes to do. I had the opportunity to meet Kate today at the Kick Off ceremony for all spring Team in Training participants. She spoke alongside her Aunt who is a TNT Alumni, completed 5 marathons and raised over $200,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. She is vibrant and full of life. Her story is an inspiration to us as we prepare to take the first steps in our 5 month journey to the finish line. At the young age of 7 Kate knew a very important fact, she said "...today with the help of God and the LLS I am here. Today because of the money you have raised we have a 90% survival rate...so keep fundraising! This 26mile challenge is nothing compared to the battle that Katie fought to be here today! During my peaks and valleys in this journey, I will make sure that in those difficult moments, when I almost want to quit, I will remember that what I am doing is saving lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment