Sunday, November 15, 2009

Signed up and ready to train!

I just signed up for the Paris Marathon 2010 with Team in Training (TNT) as a member of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). Team in Training is one of the largest non for profit sports training programs training over 389,000 participants, from first timers to seasoned athletes for marathons, half marathons, triathlons, 100-mile century bike rides and hiking adventures. The organization has been around for over 20 years dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. More than $600 million has contributed to research specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma.

I am gearing back into training mode. After completing the Westchester Triathlon with Team In Training (TNT) in Sept. I realized that the experience with this organization was memorable and I plan to join them in another sports enduring event soon. What I didn’t know at the time was it was going to be so soon! LOL When I received the TNT October Alumni Newsletter, I was so excited to see the 2010 Paris Marathon as one of the events offered! I have wanted to travel out of the US for some time now and this was a perfect opportunity to do so in support an excellent cause. So as I train for this amazing event, I invite you to join me in the journey! Kick off for TNT members who joined this event is on Tues Nov.17th and this is also the start of the 5 month training program for the marathon. I am looking forward to meeting some teammates and the incredible coaches who will work with a gang of first time marathoners to achieve this goal. I also will be fundraising for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS), with a goal of $6k to support the organization’s mission in the fight against cancer. I look forward to the peaks and the valleys that will be discovered in the journey. In addition to this being my 2nd sports endurance event, this is my FIRST time ever traveling out of the US. It is going to be an amazing experience, so join me while I document my progress of my training to achieve this goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment